Meet Megan from At Home on the Homestead
Hi! I’m Megan – Welcome to At Home on the Homestead!
I am excited to share about how the best of homesteading can be brought into your life, with from scratch food, homesteading tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way, as well as a little bit about how our homestead is run.
Our family lives on 10 acres in rural Ohio. My husband and I love getting to watch our two little boys grow up roaming the farm. When we lived in town, we dreamed of fresh garden produce, a coop full of chickens laying eggs, dairy animals & a garden full of fresh produce. When the full farm wasn’t in the cards for us yet, we decided to turn our in-town home into the homestead we craved right where we were. I began to source local, whole-foods, learned to cook and preserve, built a container garden in my front yard & began to live more intentionally with my dream of owning more land and animals at the front of my mind.
I realized that I could be a homesteader even on a small in-town lot, and you can too!
If you want to build a life centered around cooking with healthy local food, learning to grow food for your family, and creating a homestead of your own, touched by loving hands, you have come to the right place! I’m glad you are here!
- I wasn’t raised on a farm, but later in life I traced my ancestry and found that almost every generation of my family before mine had a history of farming! After that, only disappointment came from being unable to tap into my ancestors knowledge when I began my own journey.
- I’ve loved cooking and being in the kitchen from a young age, so sharing that passion with people who don’t have the same background excites me.
- I have 2 cows, 5 goats, guineas, chickens for eggs and meat and 2 dogs.
- I love home renovation projects. When we bought our homestead in 2020, we gutted almost everything and got it move in ready in less than 2 weeks. It was not my husbands favorite project, but I’d do it again in a heart beat!
- Cookbooks are one of my favorite things to read!
- I wanted to start At Home On The Homestead as a blog for 5 years! But we can’t even get Wi-Fi where we live, so it’s taken some creativity to finally get it off the ground!